CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Adventures in Geocaching





Yesterday, Tony and I took the kids geocaching. Well, we took Estin and Aiden rode in the car with us....he's still too young - but enjoyed getting out and walking around every once in a while. Although I think that Tony and I enjoyed the adventure more than the kids, I hope that this will become a frequent excursion for all of us to enjoy as the boys get older. It was very cold yesterday; so Estin did not like the cold but he was so excited when we found what we were looking for. Above are some pictures of the event.






2 comments:

Unknown

I have a friend who now lives in Mississippi, and he and his family are into Geocaching. He mentioned it on his Facebook account. That was the first I knew of anyone who was into it...and I confess, I still am not sure what it is!

Jenn

It is really fun - especially with the kids. It is basically where people hide things in public and publish the coordinates of where it is on a website. Then, we look up the coordinates, plug them into our GPS, and try to find what they hid. When you find a geocache - you sign the paper that is left in the container - to prove that you have been there. Then, you go back online and log in that you have found it. Kind of like hide-and-seek for adults....or looking for a secret treasure (as Estin puts it).

Post a Comment