CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Title of Importance

Earlier this week, I received a promotion - AVP. Wow - sounds important....it's not really though - just a title to put behind my name. I am thankful that I received recognition for a job well done - but it is really just some letters. Nothing different, no new responsibilities (yet), just a title.

It made me think back to a recent bible study about viewing value in people. Titles make us think that people are more valuable. I am no more valuable than I was the day before -but it seems to make people look at you in a whole new light. The lesson taught us that God sees value in everyone; and because He thinks that everyone is valuable - each of us should think each other is valuable solely because of the value that He places on each of us. I guess it is kind of like God placing an important title behind everyone's name. A respectable title. MVP, CEO, MD, DO, Rev., CFO......AVP. Do you change how you think of someone when you know they have a title following their name? If so, what would happen if you treated everyone like they come with an important title? Because that's what God thinks of each of us.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment